my grandfather

My grandfather died in March 2008. When my grandfather passed away in his eighties, relatives and friends were in deep sorrow. Some even cried out. I saw many wreaths placed outside the Lingtang, and thought that I would never see Grandpa again, nor get his love any more. Tears could not help but rustle down. The screen of my heart is replaying the days I spent with my grandfather.
The screen of the soul flickered and became clear: a kind old man waved to me with a smile. He was 160 centimeters tall, wearing a black coat, grey trousers and wool slippers – that was my grandfather who loved me most. I shouted and threw myself into Grandpa’s broad arms. Grandpa put his arms around me and stroked my head with his thin hands. I grew up day by day under his touch.
When I was six years old, I went to my grandfather’s house to play. As soon as I entered the room, I saw my grandfather making wooden chairs. The chair I made was very smooth and smooth. I said in surprise, “Grandpa, your craftsmanship is great! Were you a carpenter before?” “No, I saw others do it, and I came back to learn to do it.” “Then why did you make so many chairs?” “Not for you? When I’m ready, give you five. Wooden chairs are economical and durable. While Grandpa was resting, I put my arms around Grandpa’s neck and said, “Grandpa, how kind you are!”
Now Grandpa is far away from me, I can’t see his busy figure any more, but the five chairs he gave to my family are intact and still in use. Whenever I sit in a chair to eat, I think of my diligent and thrifty grandpa.
Another thing that I will never forget. Grandpa taught me to do things from beginning to end.
It was a Saturday noon. My brother and I were going to take a bath. Because there was little water in the water tower, my brother pressed the power switch to pump water. Pumping water, we sat in the hall and watched TV. We were attracted by the wonderful plot. I wonder how long it took for the sound of “crash” to come from outside. We thought it was raining and my brother rushed out to see it. “Oh, no!” I ran out when I heard the cry. I saw the water flowing out of the bucket and out along the bungalow drain. To make matters worse, Grandpa was drying corn on the bungalow, and now he was afraid of getting wet. My brother pulled down the gate valve. As we climbed up the stairs to the roof, we saw that the corn was half wet. We hurried to tighten it. Grandpa happened to see the corn. Seeing that the corn was wet, he sighed and said, “You guys, just watch TV, forget what I said to you? Don’t lose everything, start and finish. This corn has been sun-dried for three days. It could have been bagged and put away today. Who expected it to be wasted by you two little guys? Alas… It’s going to have to be sunned for another day.” “Sorry, Grandpa, you’re busy again.” “Stop dawdling and get ready.” Grandpa talked to us while sweeping wet corn. I can’t remember what he said. It’s all about teaching us to be attentive and careful. Later, I developed the habit of being single-minded and having a beginning and an end, which benefited from my grandfather’s education.
Brother’s words interrupted my memory, I looked at Grandpa’s coffin, very sad, tears came again. On the funeral day, my grandfather’s relatives and I cried.
Grandpa left me, but his voice and smiles were fixed on the negative of my heart.